The Memorandum of Understanding Between the State University of New York and
United Relating to a System of Promotion and Certain Salary Increases for Professional
Employees calls for each college president to continue the procedure by which the
Professional Employees shall elect a College Review Panel.
Such a Panel shall consist of not less than five (5) or more than seven (7) members elected at large by all professional employees in the negotiating unit.
The Panel shall:
(1) review applications for promotions of the type resulting from a permanent significant increase in the employee’s duties and responsibilities as a consequence of a permanent increase in the scope and complexity of function of the employee’s position and make decisions and recommendations with respect to such applications; and…
(2) review applications for salary increases resulting from a permanent and significant increase in duties and responsibilities which are not accompanied by a change in title or rank.
2016 Elected College Review Panel Members
- Beth Erwin (Chair)
- Daniel P. Malay (Member)
- Doug Joseph (Member)
- Shawn O’Reilly (Member)
- Diane Conklin (Member)
- Joseph McDonald (Member)
- Susan V. Murphy (Member)
- Paul Stasior (Member)
- Rhonda Butler (Alternate)
- Joyce Freeman (Alternate)
- Debra Tafel (Alternate)
- Megan P. Carey (Alternate)
- Lee Livermore (Alternate)
- Kathy Truex (Alternate)
- Therese Howington (Alternate)
- Carlos Ortiz (Alternate)
- David M. Scholl (Alternate)
In accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding between the State University of New York (SUNY)and United University Professions (UUP), SUNY Upstate Medical University is required to form a College Review Panel and a Committee on Professional Evaluation. Professional employees serving on these committees are elected at large by all actively working professional employees in the 08 negotiating unit (UUP) at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
The College Review Panel shall consist of seven (7) elected professional employees. For the Committee on Professional Evaluation three (3) professional employees are elected to serve as well as two (2) persons selected by the college president. The term of office is from the date of election until a new election is held at the discretion of the UUP Chapter President to fill any vacancy or vacancies created.